Monday, August 24, 2009

The Midas Method Review

As The Midas Method practitioner myself, I am looking forward for more review and testimonial, here is one testimonial that with weekly review, great stuff!

The Midas Method” In Real-Time : Week 1

Posted by Sylvia Dickens on 20th March 2007

As promised, here is the real-time report of my progress using The Midas Method.

Let me start with a brief overview of my situation and my expectations of this product.

Hi. My name is Sylvia Dickens and I’m a procrastinator. According to many ‘experts’, this has a base in fear – fear of success or fear of failure. I’ve yet to determine which one it is for me. The important thing is, it needs to change if I am to meet my goal of becoming financially secure for the rest of my life. I’m just tired of living a hand-to-mouth existence.

My Situation: Right now, I’m struggling to create success with my online business. I’ve been at it now for 2 years and it’s not where I want it to be. Apart from this, I’m constantly living in fear that I can lose everything because of the mounting bills. My mortgage is $800 a month, my income taxes are in arrears (again) by several thousand dollars, and my current $2,000 bank overdraft grows every month because my income doesn’t cover my expenses.

When I discovered The Midas Method, it promised to help me turn this around. It ‘claims’ that it can teach me how to overcome my current situation and become as wealthy as I wish. I don’t expect miracles, but having a $100,000 a year income would be very comfortable for me. So that’s my goal.

I’ve read about 1/2 of The Midas Method and have already learned a few other things about myself. Basically I’m a “can do” type of person. What I don’t know, I’ll learn. This creates more confusion within me because with this approach, I can’t help but wonder why can’t I succeed.

All my life I’ve been a serious procrastinator. I can always find other things to do, am easily distracted, and often don’t complete tasks I plan.

So far, I’ve learned that I probably am being held back by the negative feedback I endured most of my childhood and teen years.

Stuart Goldsmith, author of The Midas Method, claims he can show me how to get into my subconscious and eliminate the negativity that has become part of me.
I’m still struggling to grasp the statement he implies, that I don’t feel I deserve to succeed and that it’s likely I have an “I can’t” mentality. Then, I listen to how I phrase my thoughts and I realize that while I tell myself, “I can do this, all I have to do is learn and I can do that,” I also hear, “If I’d had the positive feedback and support early on, I would be able to succeed. It’s difficult when you’ve been brainwashed with negativity about yourself and your accomplishments.”

I need this to work. The Midas Method all but promises to turn it around.

Exercise #1:

This morning, I did my first exercise. This will be my daily exercise for the next 2 months.

Now, I can’t tell you what it is without divulging the entire program presented in The Midas Method. What I can tell you is it only took me a few seconds to do when I first awoke. I’ve also been taking a closer look at those two thoughts I mentioned in the paragraph above. It’s true. I’ve always told myself that I’d be far better off if I’d had the right support from the beginning.

Exercise #2:

The second exercise involved goal setting, but with a twist. He takes a totally different approach to this and blows away all other advice on just how to do this. Using his technique, I can see how your mind actually changes. It’s refreshing because you aren’t trying to trick yourself into believing you can become a millionaire or have all the nice things you desire, or that you already are in possession of those things. Your subconscious and conscious minds seem to appreciate this and seem to become more responsive to your suggestions for change.

Result:
I must admit, this did make me feel a little better about my potential, but it’s too early yet to tell. I’ve also come to realize just how much I use the lack of positive support as an excuse to fail. He might be onto something there.

My impressions so far:

Stuart covers some familiar territory here with his discussions of positive thinking and negative self-talk. I’ve done considerable work in the past with positive thinking exercises and do believe in them. At first, I thought this book was just another positive thinking manual, but it isn’t.

Stuart really shows you the trick to making direct contact with your subconscious mind, where all the negativity and road blocks hide. The first 2 exercises were a surprise, if for no other reason than their deceptive simplicity. I could actually feel a slight shift in my thinking right away. It’s only minor at this point, but this is just my first day.

I can’t wait to repeat these exercises for the next 8 weeks and see what results they bring.

Stay Tuned!

Learn more about The Midas Method by clicking here.

Sylvia

No comments:

My Power Wealth System